Skip to main content

presentTime == pastTime

I somehow never get myself up and running when it comes to writing articles. Why? I asked myself. We are all living in a highly "wired" age. Information has been up for grabs more than ever. We are all searching, browsing the web with our enormous tentacles. All that information can be too much information, useless information, irrelevant information, BUT apparently all of it is absorbable(Is that a word?). That keeps us unnecessarily glued to those boxes, wide eyed, waiting for that response from that nasty fella, who you just slam dunked with you wisecracks. time sinking, I'd say. We all have developed an very strong urge to go out there and meet anyone and everyone. Look at blogging,everyone(including me) is opining. Blogging is part of the technology that has been adopted so quicky and will be soon be dropped. We just created yet another place to say something. AGAIN! I have seen many lovely things come and go, to name a few which have been very appealing to me are
--Mobile communication(telephony,wireless)
--Google(they are the one's to watch!)
--Virtualization(VMWare)
--Wi-Fi
--Other things you’d wanna add

Everything that I see happening in the present, I tend to think that it must be so primitive to do it this way. For instance going to work. I need to get into a car and drive through the circus and come to a place which happens to somewhat keep me busy and distracted, anyways too many hurdles to be able to come to a point to actually "do what you were supposed to do".

All the cool technologies today we’re talking about like consolidation,HPC,vanderpool,virtualization,web services, blogging, vlogging(video blogging) are nothing but sort of end points to starting points to other revolutionary technologies that are the present and not this , the past which we’re trying to sell to each other.

I’d say dump that and dig this!

Imagine an Oracle database packed in the hardware ,delivered to you, all written,embedded in those little transistors, memory chips which you can upgrade like picking up a 64G mem card which is solely for SGA.

Imagine that you’d never have to step into that car but just step into that capsule which’ll transport you to the destination in matter of seconds(if not milliseconds).

Imagine where you could transport your thoughts (one on one) across the web! Wow, that’ll be revolution, that’s the present which we’re actually living in, not the past(where I have to retype my blog because blogger.com webserver threw the tomcat jkoyote error destroying my precious collection of thoughts which I couldn’t recover)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...