Skip to main content

Virtualization Security: Fortisphere to support VMsafe

Fortisphere, a leading provider of policy-based virtualization management software, today announced that it plans to support VMware VMsafe™ technology, expanding the market reach of its Virtual Essentials™ software suite, which provides customers with greater levels of visibility and control over their VMware virtualized environments. VMware VMsafe technology helps vendors combat the challenges of compliance, management and security in ways previously not possible in physical environments. VMsafe technology integrates into the VMware hypervisor and enables vendors to develop open, interoperable and cross-platform technologies that enable better granularity, visibility, correlation and scalability in VMware environments. “With VMware VMsafe technology, Fortisphere can offer customers an effective solution to help enforce operational, security and compliance policies in real time,” said Nand Mulchandani, senior director, product management and marketing at VMware. “Together, VMware and our VMsafe technology partners like Fortisphere help customers protect and enhance business operations with critical management and security solutions for their virtualized production environments.”


Press

Learn more about VMsafe here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

Linux, Linux : Get started with VMWare and Knoppix or Ubuntu Live CD!

Well everyone's talking about it now and you're wondering "what the heck is Linux?". So you've finally come face to face with yourself and say it loudly(errum..In your head first , please). I want to learn it! I admit it, I've been a fool! I hafta learn this kool OS! OK chill! You're faced with a challenge of all that installation crap. And boy, ask the veterans they've made lot's of money just installing Linux and installing Oracle on Linux was a big thing. And talking about setting about clusters was only for Big Boys and doing Oracle RAC setup was only for BEEEG BOYZ!!! Ok I can see you're already sleeping on my story. And Hey! Stop drooling on my shoulder! Wake up!!! You yell back at me " WHAT DO I HAFTA DO? WHERE I GOTTA KLIK? I Don't wanna fight with my wife over installing Linux at home? And my Microsoft Boss is angry because I made my colleagues so scared when I installed Linux at work? Ok Ok I get it. You want to learn it'...