Skip to main content

Quest Software hosting SQLServer Virtualization panel discussion

Our friends at Quest are holding a panel discussion on SQL Server and the role of virtualization in the enterprise. We have covered a cool Quest product in our Database series called soRAC (Spotlight On RAC), check it out.

In recent years, there has been a surge of interest in server virtualization technologies. What’s fueling this interest is the fact that virtualization can dramatically lower IT costs.

Virtualization provides a fresh and unique perspective of the data center. With hardware enhancements such as Intel VT or AMD-V, it is more capable than ever of handling enterprise workloads. Plus, virtualization provides more than simple consolidation; it also brings unparalleled levels of recovery, protection, and automation.

Companies of all sizes are looking at ways to use this relatively new technology to cut IT costs, as well as increase server and application performance. Virtualization is sure to impact you at some point. Are you ready?

Join this expert panel seminar moderated by PASS president Kevin Kline to better understand virtualization and what to consider when using SQL Server in a virtual environment.

The panel will explore specific needs in IT organizations with large SQL Server deployments. It will provide:

  • A broad picture of virtualization benefits and decisions that determine the effects of those benefits
  • Insight on planning, deploying, and managing a virtual environment for SQL Server 2005
  • Ways to leveraging storage, network, and computing resources to control costs and respond faster
  • Background on the virtualization of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and how it differs from multi-instancing
  • Perspective on the trade offs of traditional consolidation vs. virtualization
  • A vision for reducing management overhead and technology investment while permitting users to scale your SQL Server environments
  • Detailed tips and tricks for creating an effective virtualization environment
Go and get registered now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...