Skip to main content

Marathon Technologies partner with DSS to deliver automated availability


The agreement comes at time when many DSS customers have expressed interest in implementing a high availability solution to protect their data networks and applications. The alliance will enable DSS customers, primarily in the entertainment, public utilities, retail, banking and healthcare industries, protect their critical applications through any faults, failures and disasters.

“We continue to strive to partner with industry leading providers that understand our customers’ requirements, challenges and technology goals,” said Mike Duhaime, Director of Storage Sales at DSS. “Integrating everRun into our proven line of IT solutions enables us to implement and support the most appropriate level of high availability for our customers’ critical environments. We look forward to offering Marathon’s solutions to our growing customer base.”

Marathon’s everRun line of fault tolerant-class availability products protects Microsoft Windows applications from leading sources of downtime while eliminating the need for costly and complex failover processes, specialized applications, or proprietary server hardware. Turnkey, automation, and simplicity are the cornerstones of the everRun line, which uses embedded intelligent policy management to resolve faults and failures. The primary benefit to the end user is that they are protecting their business by ensuring continuity of operations – simply, at low cost and with complete confidence.


I love clusters, I love Oracle RAC, I really love how VMware has thrown the HA and DRS on everyone's face. The people at Marathon are exceptional, I have spoken to (via email) few and was impressed with the work they do there. I found the videos cool as well.
Here's the press release!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...