Skip to main content

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 3

Black Galactic Seas
------------------------------

The sails are set,
The flares are blazing,
the yellow wind is on the stern
Stations, fore and aft!

The captain orders "full ahead!"
We're at the speed of thought*
We're in that telepathic tunnel
The sea is dark and cluttered

The solar winds are thrusting us ahead
We're off to the land of the freed
Seas are mixed, bermuda's all around
We're rocking ahead(oh yeah), we're yawing

The Islands pass us by, them dead rocks!
The abysmal depths deepen further
as well change shifts, I smile wryly
I'm going back, I'm gonna be home.

The colors are in perfect unison
The Neptune rise is a real treat
The path is treacherous, elliptical
I smell the galactic salt in my nostrils

Raging storms near event horizon
seeking to kispum** with the departed
Mothers push the younger ones away
Soon to be united with the loved ones

As we approach the milky river
A pilot boads to help us get through
We watch the flared buoys on either sides
We spot dolphins resurfacing from durance vile

The pilot tells us of tales
Tales we listen to, jaws dropped in awe
I shed my fears as I take to the mast
It's a helluva view from up here

To be continued...(As is every journey)

* I strongly believe that speed of thought(we'll call it 'ts' = thought speed from now on) is going to effectively and eventually deliver us with means to commute, something which Einstein actually wanted as well.

** Kispum is ritual of feasting with the dead ancestors and seeking blessings from them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...