Skip to main content

VMware Co-founder Mendel Rosenblum resigns, blow for VMware!

Update: I have removed the link to the blogger and redirected it to the original source IHTas I had read the Source below early in the morning (05:30 hrs GMT+1) since I was up early and had some time to sneak behind my laptop before heading to meet a customer.

Apparently the VMworld and other folks knew all along that this was about to happen and were too busy cashing in on the 14,000 entrants for the event. After the registrations were closed.

Expect more executives to jump ship from now and 3 months time.

Why? Because this what I read today in the morning, before Mendel's news was leaked made me feel like Diane and Mendel were treated like kindergarden kids. A VMware employee, who wished anonymity told the following humiliating tale:

On July 7, she found out just how cold it had become. After Greene made a special presentation to VMware's board, Tucci, who heads VMware's parent company, EMC, pulled her aside, according to people familiar with the events, who asked for anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss internal company decisions.

Inviting Mendel Rosenblum, Greene's husband and the co-founder of VMware, into the room, Tucci told Greene she was fired, effective immediately. And he said the board wanted Rosenblum, VMware's chief scientist, to take her seat on the board. Rosenblum declined the offer.

This is how you treat a entrepreneur, I'm sure Sarah Palin would feel otherwise. A perfect story to screw up a well knit team. Anyways I have also understood (from some VC friends) that Diane is going to make a comeback soon. It would be great obviously for the industry as we move forward towards the ideation-age and I'm sure Mendel will cook up some really cool stuff.

Source

Comments

  1. While not necessarily good news for VMware that has pretty much been expected since Diane was let go.

    If anything I was surprised he waited this long.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...

Linux, Linux : Get started with VMWare and Knoppix or Ubuntu Live CD!

Well everyone's talking about it now and you're wondering "what the heck is Linux?". So you've finally come face to face with yourself and say it loudly(errum..In your head first , please). I want to learn it! I admit it, I've been a fool! I hafta learn this kool OS! OK chill! You're faced with a challenge of all that installation crap. And boy, ask the veterans they've made lot's of money just installing Linux and installing Oracle on Linux was a big thing. And talking about setting about clusters was only for Big Boys and doing Oracle RAC setup was only for BEEEG BOYZ!!! Ok I can see you're already sleeping on my story. And Hey! Stop drooling on my shoulder! Wake up!!! You yell back at me " WHAT DO I HAFTA DO? WHERE I GOTTA KLIK? I Don't wanna fight with my wife over installing Linux at home? And my Microsoft Boss is angry because I made my colleagues so scared when I installed Linux at work? Ok Ok I get it. You want to learn it'...