Skip to main content

Nirvanix goes after Amazon's S3; Builds cross-migration tool

SAN DIEGO – April 22, 2008 – Nirvanix, the premier “Cloud Storage” platform provider, today announced a 30-day “fee holiday” for all uploads from any source including Amazon S3 to a new account on its Storage Delivery Network (SDN), making the decision even easier for companies considering the integration of this acclaimed web-based storage service into their applications or storage environment.

“We found that there are many companies that experimented with cloud storage when there were only one or two choices on the market. They have built up a substantial amount of data online and are looking for ‘best of breed’ now that enterprise-class solutions are available,” said Jonathan Buckley, Chief Marketing Officer with Nirvanix. “For a company with just 50 Terabytes of archived data, for instance, this holiday can mean a setup savings of well over $9,000 to move to the world’s fastest, most reliable cloud storage platform in the world.”

Additionally, Nirvanix announced the availability of its ‘Amazon S3 Migration Tool,’ which enables the easy migration of files from an Amazon Simple Storage Service account to the more sophisticated global Nirvanix Storage Delivery Network while preserving folder structures. For more information about this limited time offer and the Amazon S3 Migration Tool, please visit www.nirvanix.com

About The Storage Delivery Network
Nirvanix has built a global cluster of storage nodes collectively referred to as the Storage Delivery Network (SDN), powered by the Nirvanix Internet Media File System (IMFS). The SDN intelligently stores, delivers and processes storage requests in the best network location, providing the best user experience in the marketplace. With the ability to store multiple file copies in multiple geographic nodes, the SDN enables unparalleled data availability for developers, businesses and enterprises.
By using the Nirvanix SDN versus alternatives such as adding network storage systems or using first generation online storage platforms, businesses are guaranteed a shorter time-to-market, reduced costs, and also benefit from better flexibility and control for their operations.

About Nirvanix
Nirvanix is the premier “Cloud Storage” platform provider. Nirvanix is a privately held company headquartered in San Diego, California and backed by world-class investors including Intel Capital. For more information about the company and its services, visit www.nirvanix.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...