Skip to main content

NetEffect joins VMware's Community Source Program

The VMware Community Source program allows members to access and contribute to the source code for the VMware ESX hypervisor. The program is part of a set of co-development initiatives fostering the creation of new value-added products and functionality optimized for VMware virtualization. The deep, source-level collaboration also yields enhanced interoperability between VMware virtualization solutions and third-party vendor solutions.

As a VMware Community Source Program member, NetEffect is working closely with VMware to leverage the synergies between the VMware ESX hypervisor and NetEffect’s multi-GbE adapters. Optimizing virtualization efficiencies will further enhance the adapters’ proven hardware-accelerated, multi-NIC performance, increasing application productivity with even fewer server resources.

“Both NetEffect and VMware are committed to enabling enterprise users to optimize their use of and results from data center resources,” said Rick Maule, CEO of NetEffect. “The VMware Community Source program offers a unique opportunity to work with the industry’s virtualization leader to accelerate virtualized performance from every angle – taking full advantage of the NetEffect adapter’s built-in virtualization features. With this combination, network-intensive applications on virtualized single- and multi-core servers can achieve excellent results – helping data centers of all sizes reduce the space, power and cooling limitations while enhancing growth and profitability.”

Press Statement

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...