Skip to main content

Desktop Virtualization: Lenovo launches Client Virtualization Platform (CVP)


“Our new client virtualisation technology underscores Lenovo's commitment to innovation,” said George He, senior vice president and chief technology officer, Lenovo. “Our leadership in PC virtualisation will enable us to optimise PC systems for virtualised applications and give our customers access to more efficient, more stable and better performing virtualisation solutions in the near future.”

In contrast with the standardisation of PC hardware, the application software environment is becoming increasingly complex, vulnerable and costly to manage for both commercial enterprises and consumers. Lenovo’s Client Virtualization Platform will enable and accelerate the deployment of a variety of innovative commercial and consumer applications that insulate customers from complexity, while improving performance and reducing cost.

Shared Shaopeng Chen, senior vice president and president, Greater China and Russia Geo, Lenovo, “Customers are asking for new solutions to everyday computing challenges like secure e-commerce and isolation of enterprise applications, and this client virtualisation technology will allow us to deliver even more innovative new products.”



Read the rest here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...