Skip to main content

Videos: NPIV SAN integration and Microsoft Virtualization

Server virtualization solutions allow enterprises to aggregate server workloads within their physical server platform and improve agility of virtual machine migration across physical systems. Platform virtualization solutions create new economy of scale and dynamic configuration challenges for storage area network (SAN) integration.This session details key integration and management dimensions around the core Windows operating system, Virtual Server, future Windows virtualization, and Virtual Machine Manager. The ANSI T11 N-Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) standard extends a powerful complementary capability to associate multiple virtual N_Ports to a single hardware-based N_Port over the same FC switch connection. Through this standard the SAN-managed controls around zones and masks can be coordinated and specific SAN resources mapped to different virtual machine workloads while maintaining SAN best practices. Microsoft will discuss key platform virtualization design criteria and fundamental values for ecosystem compatibility and next steps for standards and extending capabilities. Emulex will join Microsoft to describe their NPIV-based HBA solution that provides administrators improved deployment, migration, and management capabilities.


Here is the link. WinHec it surely is a wealthy resource for professionals. And there are a lot of vids out there on ShowTime, but I guess you will go hunting for yourself now, won't you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...