Skip to main content

SQL Farms releases new technology to assist Virtualization providers


The product is called SQL Combine 1.9.

The redistributable offerings and licenses provide virtualization vendors with a turn-key solution for remote data collection. Using this technology, virtualization vendors can write custom queries to retrieve data from SQL server instances on the customer site, and then ship the code together with SQL Farms’ redistributable components to the end user. Remote users update a single file to point to the appropriate databases and servers, and then run one line command. In addition, remote users have access to the code and queries to guarantee complete visibility and transparency. Results from all databases and servers are automatically collected, aggregated, and saved in one proprietary file that is returned to the virtualization provider. The results can be viewed, edited, or saved to databases in the virtualization vendor’s infrastructure for further debugging and processing.

“Our latest offerings provide virtualization vendors with eyes and ears at remote customer sites. When customers ask their virtualization provider to check the virtualized SQL Servers and instances they can now pass data, performance metrics, execution plans, or any other information from their IT environment to the vendor”, said Thomas Goff, CTO of SQL Farms. He added, “There is no need to install anything on the remote customer site and our redistributable components do not have any footprint. All the components are light-weight, 100% portable and secure, and they use the active directory or SQL login settings that are already in place thereby providing an agile solution to transfer SQL Server related information and data between disconnected networks”.
Here is the rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...