Skip to main content

Infinite Group expands partnership with VMware

Now that is strike one for the "Professional Partner Program"!

“IGI achieved VAC status (VMware Authorized Consultant) in May 2007 by having a team of highly trained and certified VCP’s (VMware Certified Professionals),” said Michael Mereos, IGI’s Director of Practice Development. “Now that we are a VMware Enterprise VIP Reseller, we are authorized to resell VMware's full product line, including VMware Enterprise products. Besides adding an additional revenue source, this also ensures that we can bring the full suite of VMware products and services to our customers for a complete solution. In addition, as a VIP Enterprise Reseller, we work so closely with VMware’s sales team that we are actually considered an extension of the VMware sales force,” added Mereos. IGI is also identified as a resource partner on VMware’s website (www.vmware.com).

IGI and VMware help reduce server sprawl by consolidating customer servers, reduce power and cooling costs, streamline test and development operations, create complex multi-machine configurations in seconds rather than days, automate the software lifecycle and create disaster recovery and high availability solutions—all through virtualization. 86% of VMware’s customers are running VMware software in production environments to help optimize their IT infrastructure.


Read the rest...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...