Skip to main content

Fastscale releases Virtual Manager for VMware!



With the demands of deploying both physical and virtual servers, administration is more complex than ever. FastScale Virtual Manager™ was designed precisely to eliminate this problem. The combination of Virtual Manager and FastScale Composer™ Suite delivers a complete, dynamic and highly adaptive solution for managing large-scale server software infrastructure — both virtual and physical.

Virtual Manager supports the full line of VMware infrastructure products including VMware ESX Server, VMware Server and VMware Workstation and is the only product available that enables IT organizations to automatically build and streamline server software environments on-demand in seconds — without manual effort of any kind. Server software environments are 99% smaller than traditional golden images and can be provisioned to virtual or physical machines on-the-fly to optimize the infrastructure for application performance and load balancing requirements. Virtual Manager delivers complete automation from start to finish.

The small memory footprint of FastScale software environments has a big impact on performance. In fact, benchmarks show that 3 times the number of virtual machines can run on a given physical machine without degrading performance, and 40 FastScale virtual machines can boot in less time than a single traditional environment. FastScale Virtual Manager delivers the lightweight, just-in-time environment needed for the scalable virtual infrastructure of enterprise-class IT organizations.


Traditional VMDKs



VMDK on diet!



Check out Fastscale news.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...