Skip to main content

CheckPoint Upgrades VPN-1 :Network Security Virtualization


With all the talk about Virtualization and the hype around it, it would make perfect sense to have also thought about Security, right? Sorry kidding! A security expert would not think of it as a joke.

Security is paramount especially when the Virtual Infrastructure begins to roll out. These decisions are very crucial. We have spoken about Reflex VSA in the past. I also coordinated an international project when we too the VSA for a test drive. But CheckPoint too has been there for quite a while. Do check it out, I haven't run it in VMware (yet) but am in a process of testing/learning about CheckPoint tutorials in VMware ;-).

From the horse's mouth:

What is CheckPoint?

Check Point VPN-1 Power VSX is a virtualized security gateway that allows managed service providers (MSSPs), including application and telecom service providers, as well as enterprises with virtualized networks to create up to 250 virtual security systems - including firewall, VPN and intrusion prevention - on a single hardware platform.


Anyways this is their latest upgrade announcement:

New Benefits of VPN-1 Power VSX NGX Include:

  • Throughput Limitations Eliminated - New linear growth clustering technology in VPN-1 Power VSX provides more efficient distribution of virtual gateways - optimizing overall performance and network security scalability as the number of virtual gateways grows.
  • Lowered Operational Costs – Resource controls in VPN-1 Power VSX improve overall cost efficiency, minimizing spending for costly network security infrastructure builds.
  • Business-Focused Control - New lightweight network QoS control enables administrators to make necessary changes for special requirements of varying traffic types. With minimal impact on performance, traffic is prioritized for overall efficiency and network security to align resources with mission-critical business operations.


Do not neglect security when rushing to virtualize everything!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

Linux, Linux : Get started with VMWare and Knoppix or Ubuntu Live CD!

Well everyone's talking about it now and you're wondering "what the heck is Linux?". So you've finally come face to face with yourself and say it loudly(errum..In your head first , please). I want to learn it! I admit it, I've been a fool! I hafta learn this kool OS! OK chill! You're faced with a challenge of all that installation crap. And boy, ask the veterans they've made lot's of money just installing Linux and installing Oracle on Linux was a big thing. And talking about setting about clusters was only for Big Boys and doing Oracle RAC setup was only for BEEEG BOYZ!!! Ok I can see you're already sleeping on my story. And Hey! Stop drooling on my shoulder! Wake up!!! You yell back at me " WHAT DO I HAFTA DO? WHERE I GOTTA KLIK? I Don't wanna fight with my wife over installing Linux at home? And my Microsoft Boss is angry because I made my colleagues so scared when I installed Linux at work? Ok Ok I get it. You want to learn it'...