Blue Lane Technologies today announced the October 5th general availability of VirtualShield 4.0, the first VM security solution to deliver real-time network flow visibility and security by protocol, operating system, application and VM cluster. The latest version of the award-winning VirtualShield features VirtualFlow™ Center console management, integration with the VMware VirtualCenter, template-based deployment of VM shields, and data center, cluster, host and VM-level vulnerability protection, policy and visibility into network flows.
Existing VirtualShield features also included in VirtualShield 4.0 include: dynamic cluster/VM risk reports; VM vulnerability detection/correction; VM operating system, application and port-based policy administration and dynamic content updates. Blue Lane is a VMware Technology Alliance Partner.
“Blue Lane's VirtualShield 4.0 offers dynamic views into VM traffic, giving operations and security teams unprecedented VM traffic intelligence and unparalleled protection against attacks on any unpatched VMs,” said Mark Achtemechuk, virtualization practice lead at Long View Systems. “We are recommending VirtualShield to all of our customers deploying VMware Infrastructure 3.”
Addressing the unique challenges of VM security, VirtualShield is the only virtualization solution that:
* Is tightly integrated with the VMware VirtualCenter, allowing enterprises to quickly deploy VirtualShields on ESX 3 servers;
* Protects VMs without tuning, signatures or downtime, regardless of whether the VMs are offline, motioned or reverted from snapshots;
* Provides up-to-date protection and network flow visibility with no configuration changes and zero footprint on the guest VM;
* Delivers appropriate and highly accurate protection for specific application vulnerabilities without requiring any manual tuning or reboots; and
* Delivers very high availability with very low latency and very limited vulnerability, even against attacks designed to evade traditional IPSs.
Check out Greg's blog.