FalconStor Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: FALC), the market leader in disk-based data protection solutions, today announced the release of the FalconStor® Continuous Data Protection (CDP) Virtual Appliance for VMware®, a complete data protection solution for both physical and virtual VMware machines. Integrated with the VMware ESX server, this unified solution provides organizations with the ability to eliminate mandatory restores and meet data protection challenges by providing periodic and any-point-in-time access to prevent disaster recovery scenarios and deliver true business continuity.
FalconStor CDP Virtual Appliance for VMware is a pre-built, pre-configured and ready-to-run software application packaged with the operating system inside a virtual machine. This cost-correct virtual appliance is easily deployed in under ten minutes - reducing infrastructure cost/complexity, simplifying deployment, and maximizing ROI in VMware environments. The combination of FalconStor CDP with VMware virtualization technologies allows organizations to deploy FalconStor storage services using physical as well as virtual servers. This ensures the continuous availability of mission critical databases, messaging data, files, and even entire systems in the event of hardware or software failures or site-level disaster.
“FalconStor consistently delivers solutions that give our customers the best data protection at the right price,” said Myron Bari, president & CEO of IPM, a New York-based solution provider and VMware VIP - Premier Enterprise Partner. “With the introduction of the CDP Virtual Appliance for VMware, FalconStor has taken data protection to an entirely new level by creating a single solution that meets customers' continuous availability needs across both physical and virtual environments.”
Seamlessly integrated with the ESX server, the FalconStor CDP Virtual Appliance provides continuous availability to data with 100% data integrity. Highlights include:
* Pre-configured virtual appliance for easy integration and deployment
* Advanced data protection capabilities such as snapshot, mirroring, and journaling for any point-in-time access
* Agent and application aware snapshots for transactional integrity and immediate access with no data loss
* Simple protection and availability processes, needing no additional scripting
* Replication option extends data protection to remote sites and guards against unplanned disaster
* HyperTracTM server-less backup acceleration eliminates backup windows and impact on host performance
See the rest.